It all began in 1989 with 25 members from a dozen families. In 2007 the South Kitsap Track & Field Club (Jaguars) had grown to 272 athletes from 157 families. In 2011 we had 180 athletes from 95 families. We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) sports organization.
- To help kids learn the fundamentals of track & field
- To promote & support the growth of track & field athletics
- To foster good sportsmanship
- To improve skills for higher level competition
- To provide an opportunity to have safe & fun experience in track & field competition
- To encourage kids to be active & healthy
- To provide an affordable family opportunity
Procedures & Expectations
- We practice 2-3 days a week, days vary.
- Times are consistent: 6:00-7:30pm.
- Location for practices: Marcus Whitman JH for the first 2 weeks then we move to the High School .
- Location for meets is consistent: South Kitsap High School track.
- PLEASE take care of and Respect the facility & equipment.
- Return any necessary forms promptly, i.e volunteer forms, birth certificates, incomplete registration forms or T-shirt order forms.
- Check Jaguar calendar regularly for practice updates, trainings and other activities.
- Check email & Jaguar website regularly.
Our Athlete & Parent Code of Conduct
All athletes are expected to come to practices and meets in attire appropriate for running, jumping and throwing. All athletes are expected to display acceptable behavior and to follow coaches’ and officials instructions. Physical or verbal abuse by parents or athletes will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Athletes are expected to be in assigned meeting areas under the supervision of a coach or coaches for the full practice time. While at practice, athletes are expected to participate in the designated workout for their age group or event under the supervision of a coach. Any athlete who is unwilling to adhere to the aforementioned Code of Conduct will be removed from the SKTFC Jaguars without refund of registration fee.